I got a message that BatchPCB has closed and been replaced by OSHPark and the author requested I update the Gerber files. I tried simply renaming the files and put them in a new ZIP. I uploaded them to OSHPark and the visualization of the boards look good. I don't intend to do a test purchase, but please let me know how it turns out. Anyway, here's the ZIP archive with the Gerber files. Enjoy. (You will need to save the ZIP archive and upload it to OSHPark yourself as there is no storefront like there was on BatchPCB.)
6,901 total views, no views today
After reviewing the boards I got back from BatchPCB, I made a few changes:
- Fix bug where DVI pin 15 (ground) was unconnected. This didn't actually cause a problem in my tests, but it should be connected.
- Increase ratio of documentation (e.g. visible when project is completed, does not apply to placement) to a minimum thickness of 0.01" (0.06" letters at 18% thickness ratio.)
- Move VGA text so it does not run over a via.
- Rearrange central text so it does not run over vias.
- Add bigger polarity marks for the monitor power bypass capacitor set.
This is noted as version "2012-Apr-3" on the silkscreen. You can buy it here.
4,300 total views, no views today
I finished up my ADC-DVI-VGA version that fits in an Altoids tin and sent it to BatchPCB. I prefer to use American labor, so I got a quote from Advanced Circuits, but the prices work out: it's about $400 to start at any quantity (e.g. 10 is about $40 each) down to $10/each for 100. I couldn't justify it in case (a) there was a bug, and (b) whether I could sell more than 5 to make up for it.
While I was waiting for it, I fiddled around in the design to make sure it was right. I realize I should have checked the design first, and, running the electrical rule check (ERC) I found I had left the DVI connector ground unconnected. D'oh! Fortunately there are half a dozen other grounds which (usually) get all tied together, so I was lucky and when I wired one up, it worked perfectly the first time. (Note that this is the 2012-Feb-29 version with only 4 copies around.)
3,880 total views, no views today