Building a better, stronger, faster forkPosted: 2005-July-6 Filed under: Frame, Projects, The Bike With 2 Brains Leave a comment »
One of the forks broke during a test on July 4. The wheel got stuck against a bump in the grass and wouldn't turn. When more force was applied at the front wheels, the axle slipped out of the slot in the fork causing all the force to be applied to one leg of the fork and the wheel axle. It bent both parts pretty good.
I noticed that I had used forks for 26" wheels so I did the same for this one. I created two more bent forks so I'd have a spare.
2,180 total views, 3 views today